Re: [Monotone-devel] quick&dirty CVS export

From: Daniel Carosone
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] quick&dirty CVS export
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 10:21:57 +1000

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 04:49:04PM -0700, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> It wouldn't be that hard to, say, have a mode where we spit out a
> requested tree as a tarball, or just the changes between two given
> trees.

Yep, viewmtn already does this, for one.

> That's all you need for _really_ stupid partial pull, that
> only supports checkout , update with no local changes.

You then also need a small standalone mtnpatch that will apply the
cset, including adds/drops/renames.

If it's just slightly smarter than that - a mtnfollow with a
web-servicey client to viewmtn to fetch the diffs it needs - all the
better.

Either way, it should maintain an _MTN directory such that it's easy
for a user to switch to a full mtn once they need it (e.g. they start
writing their own local changes).

Any volunteers interested in implementing this?

--
Dan.