Re: [Monotone-devel] committing .pot and .po files

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] committing .pot and .po files
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 16:54:16 +0200

Lapo Luchini schrieb:
Is there any consensus whether a change that changes the .pot file
should commit also the auto-updated (and, thus, full of fuzzies) .po
files or not?

Last time I've looked at the sources, po/monotone.pot wasn't even checked in, but explicitly ignored.

As a translator I personally prefer to import the .pot file manually
from inside poEdit, but other may prefer to find it already done
(espacially if they use software that do not update from .pot files)

I usually do the following:

$ mtn pull && mtn up
$ cd po/
$ make monotone.pot-update
$ make de.po-update
$ poedit de.po // translating stuff
$ mtn ci de.po

This way other *.po files aren't updated and don't get accidently committed as long as no rebuild of the sources is done.

Thomas.

--
- "I know that I don't know." (Sokrates)
Guitone, a frontend for monotone: http://guitone.berlios.de