Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: listing unknown directories

From: Zbynek Winkler
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: listing unknown directories
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 12:01:55 +0100

On 12/1/06, Derek Scherger <address@hidden> wrote:
3 or 4 years later, I'm still not convinced that what we have now is
right though. I suspect that in this regard monotone is not only
different from all unix commands but quite likely from all (or most)
version control systems as well. At least sccs, rcs, subversion, cvs and
perforce work this way iirc. I'm not sure about darcs, git, hg, etc. but
I'm curious so if anyone knows off hand I'd be interested to know.

In hg most of the commands operate on the whole tree by default (diff,
status, commit...) and output paths relative to the workspace root.
However when supplied with a path, status outputs paths relative to
the supplied path. If monotone did the same then there would be at
least two such programs ;-)

Zbynek

--
http://robotika.cz/