Re: [Monotone-devel] [summit] Hotel info

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [summit] Hotel info
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 13:08:00 +0100

Hi,

Nathaniel J. Smith wrote:
Okay, so apparently I got an email last Thursday that I never saw,
with more details on the hotel stuff :-).

Google is contributing $1000 for hotel lodging.  Apparently our group
is too small for their normal hotels to give them special rates,
though we may be able to arrange things ourselves.

As a rough estimate for planning, cheap hotel rooms are
~$60-70/room-night, so if we double-up that's $30-35/person-night.
For a whole week, Sunday-Monday, that's 8 nights, so
$240-280/person total.  Our group funds are very limited, so we'll
have to pitch in together to figure out how to make sure as many
people as possible can afford to attend...

Okay. Thank you for figuring all that out.

We can also see if any of the monotoners who live in the area have
couches they want to contribute to the cause ;-).

That would be great!

I'll look into whether any of the cheap-ish hotels in the area can
give us a discount when buying 80+ room-nights at once...

Another good idea.

I'd like to stay 10 nights, flying 4th and 14th. If one of the locals could host me, that would be perfect.

I've just updated my info on the wiki: http://www.venge.net/monotone/wiki/MtnSummit

Regards

Markus