[Monotone-devel] Monotone Explosion

From: H. G.
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Monotone Explosion
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 14:24:19 -0500

If this isn't a bug, then I apologize.

First I created setup a directory using 'mtn setup'.  (Same format as the mtn tutorial at venge.net)
Then I started added some files, and made a commit or two.
Then, unsatisfied with the way I set things up, I nuked the '_MTN' subdirectory in the project directory and set things up anew, with the same branch name as before.
I made added the files again, and then did  a commit.

This created what monotone called an 'unmerged' head.
When I ran 'mtn heads' I would see two revisions listed under the branch, which is understandable.
I asked on the IRC channel how to get rid of the older revision, and I was told to try 'mtn disapprove'.

I did: 'mtn --branch=tekronis.clients.vmix.site --db=~/monotone/tekron.mtn disapprove 5cc739fdc5f07cac7d013eaf78baf7a509a0dbd5'

As soon as I did that, bad things happened.
Gremlins crawled out of monotone's innards and told me:
"
mtn: fatal: std::logic_error: database.cc:1639: invariant 'I(!null_id(id))' violated
mtn: this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.
mtn: please send this error message, the output of 'mtn --full-version',
mtn: and a description of what you were doing to address@hidden.
mtn: wrote debugging log to /home/tekron/.monotone/dump
mtn: if reporting a bug, please include this file
"

The dump file is attached to this mail.
Thanks.

(Teltariat)