[Monotone-devel] mtn automate evolution, part 2: workspace query

From: Christof Petig
Subject: [Monotone-devel] mtn automate evolution, part 2: workspace query
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:00:20 +0100

Hi,

here's the second part of my automate proposals:

How do you feel about adding an automate command to query the current
workspace (e.g. branch, root dir, default key, database location etc.).
These values are located inside .../_MTN/options and I don't want to
write yet another routine to locate the current workspace, read the
options (even if this is easy using basic_io) just to get the current
default branch.

monotone-viz can also possibly benefit from this.

What about

$ mtn automate get_workspace
database  "/usr/local/lib/monotone.db"
  branch  "net.venge.monotone.cvssync.refactor"
  keydir  "/home/christof/.monotone/keys"
     key  "address@hidden"
workspace "/home/christof/projects/monotone"

?

   Christof