Re: [Monotone-devel] Packages for Debian testing

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Packages for Debian testing
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 11:27:33 -0700

On 7/7/07, Shaun Jackman <address@hidden> wrote:

A team of maintainers is great. In fact, it's done quite regularly.
Just search google for 'debian maintainer team'. If the team's well
coordinated, it can work much better than a single maintainer.

So thinking about it a bit more, I don't want to put
address@hidden as the Maintainer: list, since most people
on that list don't care about Debian packaging issues.  Can we get a
address@hidden list?  I *think* this just requires one of
the people with project admin rights on Savannah to fill out a form
...  (cc:ing njs, as I know graydon is not available right now)

My feeling on how to move forward is that once we have that list, we
should do ASAP an 0.35-1 which is basically the same as the 0.35-0.2 I
did last week, plus corrections as discussed in this thread - I have

1) add po-debconf to the dependencies
2) pull in the Dutch debconf translation from #415496
3) new Maintainer: and Uploaders: control lines

-- did I miss anything?  That will get us working packages in
unstable.  We can then worry about testing transition problems and
uncoupling from boost at our leisure.

zw