Re: [Monotone-devel] merge trainwreck in de.po

From: Justin Patrin
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] merge trainwreck in de.po
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 22:00:50 -0700

On 7/16/07, Stephen Leake <address@hidden> wrote:
"Zack Weinberg" <address@hidden> writes:

> There was some sort of merge trainwreck affecting de.po today.  One
> side of the merge had ediff merge markers in its content, which made
> it really fun to try to figure out what the proper merge was.  On top
> of that, the file had somehow gotten transliterated to ISO 8859.1
> (it's supposed to be UTF8) which made msgmerge barf.  I've fixed
> things as best I can, but some translations may have gotten lost.

I think this was my fault. I'll try to be more careful in the future.
In general, I'm only committing on nvm.basic_io.inventory.

I was trying to propagate from nvm to nvm.basic_io.inventory;
propagate was aborting due to nvm having two heads, due to de.po. So I
attempted to merge the heads. I thought I did it cleanly, but
apparently not.

I used Emacs for the merge; I don't think it does UTF8 yet, at least
not by default. Although it managed to read the file without
complaining.

I apologize for the mess.

Perhaps 'mtn propagate' needs an option to specify a head to propagate
from?

In such a case do an explicit_merge. :-)

--
Justin Patrin