Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn copy anyone?

From: Justin Patrin
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn copy anyone?
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 16:01:03 -0700

On 8/17/07, Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 12:30:27PM -0700, Justin Patrin wrote:
> > I remember a recent thread going through all (or most) of the
> > potential problems and proposing solutions....I thought that the
> > discussion had essentially come to an agreement.
>
> Are you thinking about, umm... dependencies in restricted commit or
> something like that?  If not, I would like a pointer to this thread,
> because I don't recall anything of the kind :-).

I thought I remembered a discussion about propagation/merging of
changes with copied files. Perhaps it was in person with someone or
just in my own head. ;-) I can't seem to find an thread on gmane.
Maybe I'm just thinking of renames....

Let's see what I "remember"....

* History should follow where the copy came from
* Changes in either copy after the split should be left in that copy
* Changes in the source file in a revision which has a common ancestor
which is an ancestor of the revision where the copy happened should be
merged into the copy

--
Justin Patrin