Re: [Monotone-devel] Ready to release next week

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Ready to release next week
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 07:47:57 +0200

Zack Weinberg schrieb:
> (Do you think it is worthwhile kludging translation of PCRE
> diagnostics in?  The library itself has no translation infrastructure
> so I am having to duplicate its entire string table into our code to
> get it read by gettext, and I'd rather not do that if it doesn't help.
>  Users will see these e.g. if they make mistakes in .mtn-ignore.)

Then we should - at least - do not throw them at the user in detail at
all, but do something like F("format error in .mtn-ignore"). The pcre
messages could then still be logged or outputted when running with
--debug. For me this sounds better than having a half-translated
application...

Btw... I rushed on the strings because this is my last mail I can send
for about six days, I'll probably be back online on next Saturday
evening GMT and 0.37 should already be released by then ;)

Thomas.

--
only dead fish swim with the stream: http://thomaskeller.biz/blog
Am Anfang war das Wort: http://www.schäuble-muss-weg.de