Re: [Monotone-devel] PCRE landed

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] PCRE landed
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 09:17:03 +0200

Zack Weinberg schrieb:
> $ bcp --list --scan --boost=/usr/include *.cc *.hh | grep '^boost/' | wc -l
> 1271
>
> Individual Boost headers (I checked format.hpp and shared_ptr.hpp)
> seem to expand to about 300 sub-headers a pop, with not much overlap.

Are there still objections against including those remaining headers in
the monotone source? This has two advantages:

1) The trouble of users with external boost libary versions goes away

2) We're in control of what boost version we're using and can remove
more and more of its actual dependencies from the monotone core.

Thomas.

--
only dead fish swim with the stream: http://thomaskeller.biz/blog
Am Anfang war das Wort: http://www.schäuble-muss-weg.de