Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone speedup by adding additional database indi

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone speedup by adding additional database indices?
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:52:38 -0500

Ben wrote:
> Indexes speed up read operations but slow down writes.

I can't imagine a lot of writes happening to public_keys. ;-)
revision_certs would get four or more inserts per commit, and obviously
sync operations would add a bunch.  Commits have generally been pretty
fast for me.  Would there be a way to tell sqlite to ignore indices for
given operations, such as pulls?

Chad