[Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone speedup by adding additional database indi

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone speedup by adding additional database indices?
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 12:34:41 +0200

Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
> Aha, there are ..autoindex... thingies for the unique constraints!

I discovered them myself *after* having written explain.php, all the
tests I did from sqlite3 client did use one of the other 2 "normal"

> Why doesn't sqlite show those? I don't like these hidden automatisms...
>
> However, thank you Lapo for clearing this!

In fact that autoindex on UNIQUE(name, id, value, keypair, signature)
should already be ideal for queries on (name, id, value) with no need
for an additional index. So I wonder why it was not used in the first
place. I'll take a closer look again this evening probably.

    Lapo