Re: [Monotone-devel] blocked by unversioned path

From: Jack Lloyd
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] blocked by unversioned path
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:11:01 -0400

On Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 10:11:26PM +0200, Lapo Luchini wrote:
> mtn: warning: attach node 2147483695 blocked by unversioned path
> 'wallpaper.php'
>
> This (could safely|should probably?) be avoided when the said file
> already has the same exact content it is in node 2147483695 =)

Can I add that this is especially annoying when you do several manual
merges and then Monotone rejects the entire merge and reverts the
workspace, losing all of the manual merge decisions you just made?
Especially when it was just an empty directory being added that
conflicted with a preexisting empty directory...

The idea of failing fast seems highly applicable here, even if dup'ed
contents are handled nicely.

-Jack