Re: [Monotone-devel] Lua based "mtn base" for convenient sub-branch mana

From: William Uther
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Lua based "mtn base" for convenient sub-branch management
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:55:46 +1100

On 30/10/2007, at 6:26 AM, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

Perhaps it is interesting also to someone else here, so please let
me share a small Lua-based extensional Monotone command here for the
record, which I'm currently using and which can be reused out-of- the-box
with 0.37 by others, too.

[snip]

SOLUTION:

In order to free my brain from having to remember all this stuff, I
now placed a ".mtn-base" file onto OSSP.ase.src.TMP.keys containing
the name of its base branch "OSSP.ase.src" and and a ".mtn-base"
file onto OSSP.ase.src.TMP.keys.shop containing the name of its
base branch "OSSP.ase.src.TMP.keys". Then I hacked up a small "mtn
base" command (implementation see below -- just paste into your
~/.monotone/monotonerc) which allows me to conveniently use:

[snip]

Is there a reason you used a .mtn-base file rather than an attribute on the root dir?

Will       :-}