Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: zlib vs gzip

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: zlib vs gzip
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:24:24 +0100

Hi Jack,

Jack Lloyd wrote:
To confirm: that one function == SHA_160::hash() ? Or calculate_ident?

Do you see a measurable change here if you switch to the (current) asm
version and/or using the OpenSSL engine?

I've done some trivial benchmarks with the current asm version, see:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.monotone.devel/12743/focus=12760

I didn't do any profiling, just that one commit benchmark. And I've no idea why the 5MB test case has been slower with asm code... then again, maybe I did something wrong.

Regards

Markus