Re: [Monotone-devel] ViewMTN 0.08

From: Grahame Bowland
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] ViewMTN 0.08
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 23:48:43 +0900

On 14/01/2008, William Uther <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>    I just noticed that http://viewmtn.angrygoats.net/ is not taking
> notice of suspend certs.  That probably speeds things up a little,
> but I was wondering if you'd done any recent tests (there were some
> speed improvements that went in a little while after the first
> suspend cert work, and I don't know when you looked at it).

Hi Will

Suspend certs are on the todo list for the next version. Other things
I'm working on are multiple-db support (enough people need this, and
don't want to just pull everything into one db) side-by-side diffs.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to see how much slower the front
page gets paying attention to suspend certs; I guess I'll have to get
the heads for each branch, then check if they all have suspend certs.
Perhaps this could be exposed directly via automate rather than
needing to do it in ViewMTN; I'll take a look.

Cheers
Grahame