Re: [Monotone-devel] oprofile data for mtn 0.37.

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] oprofile data for mtn 0.37.
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:27:58 -0400

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 2:13 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:

>  Hiya, I've posted oprofile data for monotone 0.37 at:
>
>     http://mudshark.org/~jack/mtn-0.37.oprofile
>
>  I'll flush it out, and start collecting data for 0.39..

This is interesting, but what did you do with the program to generate
this data?  Also, it doesn't appear that you're collecting in-kernel
profile information - that would be useful, 'cos I think we spend a
lot of time doing I/O.

Top of profile is

9678874  11.1247  std::_Rb_tree<std::string, std::pair<std::string
const, Botan::Mutex*> ...>

which I suspect is related to Botan's internal locking - Jack Lloyd,
can you comment please?

zw