Re: [Monotone-devel] botan 1.7.3

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] botan 1.7.3
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:29:22 +0100

Hello Jack,

Jack Lloyd wrote:
Problem: Visual Studio (and I think other Windows compilers) will
accept a bare 64-bit constant, but don't understand a LL/ULL suffix,
and will halt the compile. So the needed thing is something like

#if __GNUG__
  #define LL64(x) x#ULL
#else
  #define LL64(x)
#endif
[...]
LL64(0x0123456789ABCDEF)

Which I do find really quite ugly.

Understood.

My tendency on this is to use -fpermissive and wait out GCC (since
they have to fix this for C++0x, which like C99 says constants that
fit in a long long or unsigned long long are fine).

Hm.. yeah, I've set that flag for all 3rd party libraries now.

(Overall I would prefer if Monotone's in-tree version of Botan was as
close to n.r.b (or n.r.b.s) as possible since it makes my life easier
re patching)

I full heartedly agree.

Your key is now in the randombit.net db + write-permissions - please
consider this as write-after-approval access, though.

Cool, thanks. I've just subscribed to the mailing lists as well and will post possible patches there. However, I don't think I'm going to do lots of botan hacking - there's enough to do for monotone. :-)

Have to restart the server to add a key = not ideal :(

Where did you get that impression from?

Markus