Re: [Monotone-devel] interface version / command matrix

From: Daniel Atallah
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] interface version / command matrix
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 09:38:14 -0400

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 3:16 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:

> Quoting Daniel Atallah <address@hidden>:
>
>  > On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 2:24 AM, Stephen Leake <address@hidden> wrote:
>  >>  For me and Emacs DVC, I think ssh-agent is the best solution to that.
>  >>  That's on my todo list (ssh-agent doesn't work with mtn on Win32, at
>  >>  least not generally).
>  >
>  > What about it have you seen not working?  I've been using it since I
>  > submitted the patch to implement it in September 2007.
>
>  It requires a particular ssh-agent implementation, and looks for it in
>  a particular way.

Ah, yes it does, I tied it to Putty's Pageant as that seems to be the
closest to a "native" implementation on Windows.

>  I use Cygwin ssh-agent. monotone doesn't find that by default.

Are you using a cygwin monotone or the native win32 build?  I wouldn't
expect the cygwin build to use the Pageant ssh-agent implementation,
but perhaps it does (I don't use the cygwin binary).

>  One of these days we need to put in a Lua hook to configure that.

That would be a nice thing to be able to configure, alternatively, it
shouldn't be too tricky to to update the win32 ssh-agent
implementation to support both the Pageant and the cygwin ssh-agent.

-D