[Monotone-devel] Re: cygwin, mingw32 binaries?

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: cygwin, mingw32 binaries?
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:28:32 +0200

Stephen Leake wrote:
The cygwin and mingw32 binaries for 0.40 have not appeared on the
monotone website yet.

Cygwin binaries actually never appeared on the monotone website, only links to Cygwin's installer as far as I remember.

Could whoever currently does the Cygwin binary add a README.cygwin,
and whatever other files are appropriate, so we can do that ourselves
if necessary?

My last and only Windows box at home had a motherboard failure one month ago, and I'm still waiting for the mobo to return on warranty (-_-), and QEMU is *soooo* slow under amd64 (as the kernel module is really unreliable there) that every single line in configure needs some seconds to execute, so I probably won't be able to package it before the summit.

Packaging it using 'cygport' is very easy though, so I'll take care to commit the recipe for it.

  Lapo

PS: essentially you could download monotone-0.39-src.tar.bz2, rename monotone-0.39.cygport to monotone-0.40.cygport, execute "cygport monotone-0.40 all" and that's it, if nothing in the build process changed, which I think it didn't.