Re: [Monotone-devel] Why are untouched files listed on branch merges/pro

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Why are untouched files listed on branch merges/propagates?
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 11:03:24 -0700

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 3:39 AM, Ralf S. Engelschall
<address@hidden> wrote:
> But independent what the default is and what the option is named,
> does anybody already know how to actually implement this "filtered
> information WRT the target branch only"?

Well, the information sort of exists in the roster -- the "marked"
concept matches what you want exactly, but we also mark file contents
when the file was modified on both sides but they merged cleanly at
the 3-way merge level.  Listing such files might be acceptable, or
even desireable.  I don't remember whether we have efficient access to
roster information from within the log loop.

A hack that would be correct in most cases would be to simply list
those files which are mentioned in *both* csets (i.e., intersecting
the two sets rather than unioning them).

(This goes subtly wrong if, for instance, the clean merge would have
made side A win, but the user overrode it and made side B win, then
there are no changes relative to side B, even though there was user
intervention.)