Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn2git issues

From: Patrick Georgi
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn2git issues
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 08:24:02 +0200

Felipe Contreras schrieb:
> Then I tried get_manifest_of, however, that is very slow. And even if
> it wasn't, it would require a considerable amount of processing and
> store every tree of every revision.
>
> Do you have any recommendation on how to get what changed in each
> revision? Surely it must not be that difficult.

Did you try rosters? They're an internal representation of manifests
(with some differences, they contain some data specific to the local
repository, which you might not care about), and they're also stored in
delta format, like manifests. Maybe access is still faster (because they
don't need as much validation, as far as I know)

For git, you want to know how the tree looked at specific times
(snapshots), but the native data exchange format in monotone is
changesets (what you get with get_revision - it tells you what changed
from rev A to rev B, and in merge scenarios, to each side "the whole
other side" happened, to get to the merged result).

Regards,
Patrick Georgi