Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: nvm.stripped

From: Jack Lloyd
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: nvm.stripped
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 10:54:18 -0400

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 11:08:40AM +0200, Markus Wanner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jack Lloyd wrote:
> > OK, if I change in botan.m4
> >
> > -    CFLAGS="$CFLAGS $BOTAN_CPPFLAGS"
> > +    CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS $BOTAN_CPPFLAGS"
>
> Ah! Thank you very much for pointing this out.
>
> Looks like configure on my system simply picked the system installed
> botan during that stage, but then continued to use the provided botan :-(
>
> I've removed my system wide botan and can confirm that the issue is
> solved now. (As of e5f6d85442972da43d641bd3d7bf5d6667bbd23a).

I've attached some changes to botan.m4

Use "quotes" around #error messages - I saw spurious GCC errors that
popped up about the use of unmatched single quotes and punct - these
errors might be confusing to someone trying to debug a build problem.

Accept versions up to 1.7.17 (which is basically just ticking the
sover up on mainline post-1.7.16, nothing substantial so far). [It
Works For Me (tm)]

Print the found version of Botan (perhaps mildly informative to the
user, and the version is already in a variable for us).

-Jack