Re: [Monotone-devel] db kill_rev_locally

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] db kill_rev_locally
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 22:41:37 +0200

Daniel Carrera wrote:
Hello,

When you run "db kill_rev_locally", does Monotone record who performed that action? E.g. a malicious developer or an unauthorized person who stole a developer's credentials might run this command and we would like to know who it was.

On a related topic: I know that this does not actually delete the revision, but does it delete the *certs* associated with that revision?

This is what the documentation says:

"It does not actually delete the revision's files or manifest from your database. If you run this command, and then run db check, it will note that you have an “unreferenced manifest”. If you wish to eliminate this data for good (and thus free up the space), you may use netsync to pull from your current database into a new database; this creates a copy of your old database, without the unreferenced data. However, having this data in your database will not cause any problems, and acts as a safety net; if you later realize that you do, after all, need to retrieve the data in id, then db check will let you see which manifest it was, and with some work you can extract id's data."

Finally, what is a manifest?