Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn db check

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn db check
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 02:53:18 +0200

Timothy Brownawell wrote:
"missing manifests that are referenced by their sha1 hash from some revision but do not exist in the database."
We used to store these, but switched to storing "rosters" instead. These
are like manifests, but they also include various cached values that
speed up merging.

Oh! then the documentation really needs updating. The quote I took was just an example. About half of the documentation for "db check" talks about manifests.

Thanks for the explanation. Is there documentation on rosters? I don't know what those are and I'm happy to read the documentation.

Daniel.