Re: [Monotone-devel] question: remote checkout and remote checkin

From: Daniel Carosone
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] question: remote checkout and remote checkin
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 19:21:38 +1100

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 11:05:08PM -0400, Hugo Cornelis wrote:
> I was wondering if it is possible to do remote checkout / checkin operations ?
>
> If I understand the manual correctly it cannot be done at the moment,
> and one always has to pull a full database before doing a first
> checkout ?
>
> Is there something I miss ?

You need filesystem access to the workspace and the database from the
mtn process.  Strictly speaking, none of these three things needs to
be hosted on the same machine; both the workspace and the database
could be on non-local filesystems, and not necessarily the same one.

It's not really recommended or common practice, and some kinds of
remote filesystems are more suitable for this kind of use than others,
but it can be handy in specific circumstances.

(some of those circumstances are ones where partial pull would also be
handy).

--
Dan.