Re: [Monotone-devel] WARNING: ~/.monotone/keys CONSIDERED HARMFUL

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] WARNING: ~/.monotone/keys CONSIDERED HARMFUL
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 08:55:37 -0400

Robert White <address@hidden> writes:

>>That can be a one-time operation. Or, there's the possibility of using
>>different keys with different names on the different machines.
>>

> That _can_ be a one time operation, but in my case it is a twice a day
> operation.

Can you explain why? I don't see why you should be creating/deleting
keys so often.

> Yes I _can_  repeatedly use --keydir, but so much less convenient
> than when it just worked by pointing to the correct database when
> establishing the workspaces.  Now for every --db I have to supply
> a matching --keydir argument etc.

I think it would make sense to store the --keydir value in
_MTN/options, so the default keydir is per-workspace.

Or perhaps it should be a database variable, so the default keydir is
per-database.

Would either of those options solve your problem? Either would be easy
to implement, and backward-compatible.

Actually, it would not be hard to implement both, with the priority:

--keydir option
_MTN/options value
database variable

--