[Monotone-devel] issues when linking to a threaded sqlite library (?)

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] issues when linking to a threaded sqlite library (?)
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 18:00:06 +0200

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/134743

A FreeBSD user opened a bug telling it dumps for him and that -pthread
should be used while compiling monotone, but I can't reproduce the
problem and I'm not convinced that's needed in monotone's case.

OTOH I know very little about thread issues in C/C++.
Last time the issue was discussed in this ML was in 2006, long before
the "we use shared libraries" changes of 0.43...

Can anyone shed some light?

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/