Re: [Monotone-devel] RFE: "mtn status" should add a trailing slash to di

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] RFE: "mtn status" should add a trailing slash to directory names
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 09:38:08 +0200

Derrick Moser schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I have written a merge and comparison tool called Diffuse
> (http://diffuse.sourceforge.net/) with some basic support for Monotone
> (an appropriate addition to the list of merge tools on the Monotone
> wiki).  I encountered a minor issue when adding Monotone support to
> Diffuse: "mtn status" will report dropped directories but does not
> provide a simple way to distinguish between files and directories.  It
> would be nice if "mtn status" appended a trailing slash to directory
> names so they can be easily identified.

mtn status is the user UI, you probably want to use mtn automate
inventory [0]. There you get all the information:

              path "added"
          new_type "file"
           fs_type "file"
            status "added" "known"
           changes "content"

              path "attributes_altered"
          old_type "file"
          new_type "file"
           fs_type "file"
             birth [cb271687054afd3c2b873c8994f206f08fb240d3]
            status "known"
           changes "attrs"

              path "dropped"
          old_type "file"
           fs_type "none"
             birth [cb271687054afd3c2b873c8994f206f08fb240d3]
            status "dropped"

One reason why you should use this is because it provides more complete
information about how the workspace was before and after the change.

Since you seem to use Python, check out the code of Thomas Moschny's
TracMonotone plugin [1], which already comes with a parser for the above
basic_io format. It should be quite easy then to add support for that in
diffuse.

Thomas.

[0] http://monotone.ca/docs/Automation.html#Automation
[1]