Re: [Monotone-devel] resolving workspace conflicts

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] resolving workspace conflicts
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 19:54:40 -0400

Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:

> Stephen Leake schrieb:
>>> I think someone started a branch to work on this recently, but I can't
>>> find the branch or the mailing list thread.
>>>
>>> Any hints?
>>
>> I found the branch; it's nvm.remove_leftover_files; the new test is
>> tests/move_conflicting_unversioned.
>>
>> It passes, as does the rest of the test suite. I think it needs more
>> test cases; a conflicting directory, in particular.
>>
>> Any info on the status of this branch?
>
> I did that long ago and afair there were two complaints:
>
> a) (what you already address) do this only when explicitely wanted via a
> special option

Right.

> b) robust / better naming of the conflicting directory, f.e.
> whatever the base directory is called + the name of the revision one
> is updating to, i.e. _MTN/leftover_files/abc123.../

Good point. It's up to the user to clean up that directory when they
are done with it, and they'll forget.

I like _MTN/resolutions/abc123... better; that works for other conflict
resolutions as well.

> If you like to pick up / rewrite it, sure, go ahead.

Ok.

> Unfortunately I'm not having much time for side projects or monotone
> in particular recently.

I'm using monotone at work, and this issue has cost me time, so I can
justify spending time to fix it. Especially since you've already done
most of the work.

--
-- Stephe