Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn: fatal: error: roster.hh:121: I(static_cast<boo

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn: fatal: error: roster.hh:121: I(static_cast<bool>(f))
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 19:15:28 -0400

"Ciro Cornejo" <address@hidden> writes:

> No urgency, I'm just trying to help out.
> Here's what I was doing at the time of failure.
> Please let me know if you need me to do anything else.
>
> Thanks,
>
> C:\Play\SW\New
>>mtn conflicts store
> mtn: warning: Content changes to the file 'dllmain.cpp'
> mtn: warning: will be ignored during this merge as the file has been
> mtn: warning: removed on one side of the merge.  Affected revisions
> include:
> mtn: warning: Revision: 0bc3bde961e4416cf5d1b02e94347f7b7f001a4f

This is odd; you should only get this kind of warning when you are
doing the merge, not when you are storing conflicts.

Can you say what the state of the workspace was before this? Do 'mtn
automate inventory'.

> C:\Play\SW\New
>>mtn conflicts show_first
> mtn: duplicate_name English.lproj

Is this a directory or a file? I've just fixed a bug in the conflicts
code when the duplicate name is on a directory. It will be in the next
release.

> mtn: fatal: error: roster.hh:121: I(static_cast<bool>(f))

This error is in downcast_to_file, so I think that is the problem.

If you are up to building mtn, you could checkout the branch
net.venge.monotone.stephe and build it; that should allow you to use
'mtn conflicts' to resolve this conflict.

Otherwise, you need to manually drop all files in that directory, and
then the directory, and commit. Then do the merge, and manually merge
back any of the files you need.

--
-- Stephe