[Monotone-devel] merge_into_dir vs. diff?

From: Jeff Rizzo
Subject: [Monotone-devel] merge_into_dir vs. diff?
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 19:36:36 -0800

Let's say I've used merge_into_dir to create a branch composed of several other
branches - development happens on the components, and is repeatedly merged back
into the synthesized branch just fine.  If I diff one of the component branches
against the synthesized branch, I get loads of output because of all the files
that are not in the component I'm diffing from.

Is it feasible to add a flag or something to only diff against what would
actually be merged if I were to propagate?  What I'm looking for, here, is a
convenient way to tell what changes I'd be propagating...  or, if I had made
changes to a component just on the synthesized branch, I'd like to see those
too.

Is this doable?  I don't currently see how.

Thanks!

+j