Re: [Monotone-devel] update multiple projects

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] update multiple projects
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 04:45:28 -0400

Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 02.04.10 10:32, schrieb Stephen Leake:
>> Here's a plan for moving forward:
>>
>> 1) Modify update so it doesn't call the external merger if
>>    --non-interactive is set (either by the user or by au stdio).
>>
>> 2) Create a new branch nvm.workspace_conflicts to work on better
>>    methods for resolving workspace conflicts.
>>
>> I believe 1) will allow the current work_stephe branch to be
>> propagated to main, and will allow implementing gds_update_all, which
>> is my primary immediate goal.
>>
>> 1) will prevent using 'au update' in my Emacs front end, but that's
>> ok; it's motivation for 2.
>
> That sounds like a good plan!

Ok. work_stephe merged to main.

I also figured out why I'm getting random test failures; it's my backup
utility. Apparently it gets notifications of disk changes, and then
locks the involved files while it figures out that it's not supposed to
back them up. Sigh. Fortunately, it has a "stop doing that for 1 hour"
feature.

So all tests are back to passing on my system (except Empty_Environment).

--
-- Stephe