Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone merge error

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone merge error
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 19:59:59 -0400

Mando Rodriguez <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> We recently had a merge error on one of our monotone repositories.
> Would just like some clarification as to whether this is a bug or
> maybe we're doing something wrong, such as leaving a flag out.
>
> When attempting to perform a merge we get this :
>
> /
> mtn: 2 heads on branch '0'
> mtn: merge 1 / 1:
> mtn: calculating best pair of heads to merge next
> mtn: [left]  1d8d9ecda9ed7bd5b34dfbb48d4ce0d61e071598
> mtn: [right] 96c815a1768eb25e49bf74ba3d6e6236adefb30a
> mtn: fatal: error: roster.cc:1826:
> I(left_uncommon_ancestors.find(left_rid) !=
> left_uncommon_ancestors.end())
> mtn: this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.

I got a similar error recently. It went away after the next commit,
allowing the merge to succeed. I haven't had time to try to reproduce it
and track it down.

So I suspect this is a real bug. If you can come up with a short script
to reproduce it, that would be helpful.

> http://repo-genesis3.cbi.utsa.edu/drop/userdocs_4-15-2010.mtn

That should help.

I may have time to look at it this weekend.

--
-- Stephe