Re: [Monotone-devel] WIP: multirevision disapprove and clean workspace f

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] WIP: multirevision disapprove and clean workspace features
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 08:53:41 -0400

Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Tero!
>
>> I have been working on two quickie tasks, two-argument disapprove
>> and "clean"/"purge" command which removes "extra" files from the
>> workspace. They are not completely ready yet (tests+docs missing),
>> but just in case someone is interested, I have made them available
>> on my Monotone server at
>>   stronglytyped.org
>>
>> At the moment the server carries three branches:
>> net.venge.monotone
>> net.venge.monotone.tkoskine.disapprove-multirev
>> net.venge.monotone.tkoskine.purge
>
> Very cool, code looks good and clean. Some minor obvervations:
>
> 1) nvm.tkoskine.purge:
>
>    We're usually very careful before nuking files in the user's
>    workspace and this command does all of its beauty without any
>    "do you really want to do that?!" checking. Maybe it would be
>    a good idea to implement that and only act on the common global
>    --non-interactive option automatically?

Alternately, move the deleted files to _MTN/resolutions if
--move-conflicting-paths is given, as many other commands do.

I just noticed that the option help for --move-conflicting-paths still
says _MTN/conflicts; I just fixed that in main.

>    As a bonus point this could lead to some generic input prompting
>    code which could be used in other areas as well and replace
>    hackish implementations there (I particularily remember our
>    key password prompt here...), i.e. something like this (in
>    pseudo code):
>
>    enum { yes, no, undefined } bool_answer;
>    user_prompt::ask_yes_no(const string & question, bool_answer & yes)

Perhaps this could be enhanced to take in the value of --no-interactive,
and a default answer to return in case that is true.

--
-- Stephe