Re: [Monotone-devel] Multiple or zero content marks?

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Multiple or zero content marks?
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 08:15:03 -0500

On 04/23/2010 07:02 AM, Thomas Keller wrote:

Hi!

Thomas Moschny and I wondered on IRC under which circumstances a node in
a roster could have zero or more than one content mark - the API for
get_content_changed lists as valid response "zero or more" content_mark
stanzas, but we both could not quite imagine how any other value than
one should be possible there...

A directory won't have a content mark (because it doesn't have any content). A file will always at least one.
   ( see roster.cc roster_t::check_sane_against() )

Multiple content marks happen when you make the same change on both sides of a merge (assuming some other files changed differently on the different sides, so the revisions containing the marked nodes here don't collapse into one):
   ( see roster.cc mark_merged_scalar() )

   / \
  a*  a*
   \ /
    a    <-- this node has two content marks

    a    <-- this node also has the same two marks

--
Timothy

Free public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net