Re: [Monotone-devel] Fast SSSE3 based SHA-1 by Intel

From: Jack Lloyd
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Fast SSSE3 based SHA-1 by Intel
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 15:53:23 -0400

Thanks! I'll look into implementing this optimization; monotone
already uses the SSE2-based optimizations when possible, but SHA-1
computions are a fairly core operation (the compression function is
about 8% of the total runtime on many operations, IIRC) so any new
improvements are a plus.

Regards,
  Jack