Re: [Monotone-devel] Extended selectors

From: Patrick Georgi
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Extended selectors
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 11:59:15 +0200

Am Freitag, den 04.06.2010, 11:15 +0200 schrieb Ludovic Brenta:
> > It allows things like for example
> >     mtn diff -r 'lca(h:*extended-selectors;h:net.venge.monotone)' -r
> > h:*extended-selectors

> I would prefer another character; the pipe needs quoting in most
> shells. Maybe ^?
^ is ancient shell for pipe, so it's just as fragile (with the
additional disadvantage that people don't know about it anymore).

Parentheses must also be quoted for some shells, so it's probably okay
to just use | (which is probably more commonly understood as 'or' due to
regular expressions using it), and expect users to understand that
they'll need quoting, like in the example above.

Patrick