[Monotone-devel] removal of packet functions

From: Zbigniew Zagórski
Subject: [Monotone-devel] removal of packet functions
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 15:29:55 +0200

Hello,

New thread for new issue discussed:

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 9:22 AM, Thomas Keller <address@hidden> wrote:

> Follow-up Comment #3, bug #30345 (project monotone):
>
> I forgot one thing - given the fact that we want to deprecate / remove the
> packet functions (at least for revisions, certs, files and file deltas) on the
> long run, we _might_ not want to use read_packets for put_public_key.
>
> The removal of the packet functions is on the roadmap for a long time - I
> don't know if people still use these functions at all.

Hello, nvm.dumb still uses this - although it's now a little outdated now.

That means i still use it from time to time to synchronize via
sftp/http ... (well i haven't published my work anywhere that's a
fact).

(Giving that we wait and wait for nuskool/policy branches for years
nvm.dumb is the only
solution for synchronization when netsync doesn't work).

Do you have any technical issue with packet stuff ? I do like it :)

Greetings,

--
Zbigniew Zagórski
/ software developer / geek / http://zbigg.blogspot.com /