Re: [Monotone-devel] automate sync display branches?

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] automate sync display branches?
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 16:12:49 -0400

Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 11.09.10 18:09, schrieb Stephen Leake:
>> Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:
>>> Hmm. I could have DVC specify a set of hooks that are loaded for all
>>> automate stdio sessions, not just for sync commands. That should work.
>>
>> But it doesn't. Using "io.stdio:write(...)" from a Lua hook does _not_
>> send the data to the stdio main stream. Which I knew, but forgot
>> temporarily.
>>
>> So I need to write some C++. I'll use the nvm.stephe branch.
>
> Please use a separate branch - maybe "underneath" nvm.stephe - for
> features like that. It will make the review and identifying things later
> on much easier.

How does it make it easier?

If you check it out now, you can track changes in it easily.

If you decide at some later point to review all the changes related to
this, you checkout nvm.stephe, do mtn log, and look for 'automate stdio
sync'.

If the branch had a unique name, you would still have to look for the
point where it branched from main.

There is quite a bit of overhead for a branch. Not so much in the db,
but in the build environment.

This is likely to be a very short-lived task.

--
-- Stephe