[Monotone-devel] automate sync remote process startup

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: [Monotone-devel] automate sync remote process startup
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 04:11:57 -0400

I thought 'automate sync' was ready, so I tested it at work. There the
computer I use as a central server has a login message, which interferes
with ssh: startup.

So I need to fix netsync.c build_stream_to_server to route startup
messages to the stdio output stream, rather than directly to stdout.

But I don't see where the echo is happening. Running under the Cygwin
debugger gives intermittent results; sometimes the message shows up,
sometimes it doesn't. When it does show, it is after the call to
build_stream_to_server, before anything else happens.

Which seems to indicate that nextxx_pipe.cc
Netxx::PipeStream::PipeStream (cmd, args) is connecting the spawned
process stdio directly to the main process stdio, which doesn't make
much sense.

Or perhaps the spawned process is outputing the message before it
finishes connecting to the desired pipes? That would be very weird.

I'll try debugging under Debian tomorrow.

--
-- Stephe