Re: [Monotone-devel] Please review nvm.automate_get_roster

From: Markus Wanner
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Please review nvm.automate_get_roster
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 15:43:20 +0200

Hi,

On 10/05/2010 01:46 PM, Thomas Keller wrote:
> In the end I'd rather see a roster-only implementation of this as well,
> but I'm afraid I'm unable do this.

Okay, very understandable. Thanks for explaining.

>> What's the use case for getting file size information exclusively? I
>> haven't ever needed just the size, but not the real data.
>
> Patrick already answered this.

Yes, thanks. I can imagine it's worth the optimization for
web-frontends, where showing file sizes simply is common practice.

However, I see no need for this "optimization" on my development
machines. And given that monotone already is slow, I'm somewhat
concerned about its impacts on performance. Can it be turned off?

Regards

Markus Wanner