Re: [Monotone-devel] code.monotone.ca mtn server problem?

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] code.monotone.ca mtn server problem?
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 00:20:30 +0200

Am 15.10.10 23:27, schrieb Stephen Leake:
> Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:
>> but in general it really tells you already what went wrong:
>>
>>   No server for pattern 'net.venge.monotone'
>>
>> Its only a bit unfortunate that its somewhat "hidden" inside the other
>> netsync error cruft...
>
> I did see that message.
>
> It did not tell me "you forgot the path after the host".
>
> If it said
>
>     no pattern matching "net.venge.montone" in db at path "" on host
>     "code.monotone.ca"
>
> then there would be a clue what to fix; the empty path.

Well, usher does not need a path / server name to serve different
databases, it can work based on branch patterns and host names as well,
thats why the error message isn't pointing you to the missing path. Its
just a convention for our project that we enforce the usage of a path in
the URL because our usher instance is configured to only work with a
proper server name.

>> I blogged about all this largely yesterday [0] and hope people who have
>> problems read and understand it (its cross-linked on monotone.ca like
>> the other ones).
>>
>> Thomas.
>>
>> [0] http://www.thomaskeller.biz/blog/2010/10/14/moving-forward/
>
> That says:
>
>     A list of projects and all of their served branches is available via
>     code.monotone.ca.
>
> where, exactly? I could not find that list.

Click on the appropriate project and click on "Source" - you see all the
available branches on the left. I made this more clear in the blog. I
know the branches are shortened and rather hard to read, but the full
branch name is set as title, so if you hover over them, they should be
readable. I hope the new IDF layout which comes in fall improves the
general situation here.

I'll answer the other thing in a separate mail - separate topic :)

Thomas.