Re: [Monotone-devel] server move?

From: Hendrik Boom
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] server move?
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 17:15:29 -0400

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 09:57:44PM +0100, Richard Levitte wrote:
> You're entirely correct, the information on that page is incorrect.
>
> If you run mtn 0.48 (or possibly older, haven't really tried), this
> will work:

mtn 0.40 fails to recognise mtn:

address@hidden:~/monotone$ mtn --db=monotone.db pull
mtn://monotone.ca/monotone "net.venge.monotone*"
mtn: doing anonymous pull; use -kKEYNAME if you need authentication
mtn: connecting to mtn://monotone.ca/monotone
mtn: network error: service name resolution failed for: mtn
address@hidden:~/monotone$

and on my machine that's reasonably up-to-date I already have the toxic
version of sqlite.

> mtn --db=mtn.db pull mtn://monotone.ca/monotone "net.venge.monotone*"
>
> If you run mtn 0.99 (or newer when the time comes), the following
> syntax should be used:
>
> mtn --db=mtn.db pull "mtn://monotone.ca/monotone?net.venge.monotone*"
>
> We're going to change the information on the page you read as soon as
> possible (there are a number of things that are high prio right now)

So I guess that I'll have to wait for 0.99.1.  I gather that's one of
the high prio items.  Hmm.  Maybe 0.99 will work on my less up-to-date
machine.  I'll try that if I turn out not to be able to wait.

Thanks.

-- hendrik