Re: [Monotone-devel] How far back to we want to maintain?

From: Hendrik Boom
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] How far back to we want to maintain?
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 09:09:00 -0500

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 11:22:41AM +0100, Richard Levitte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed Timothy's backports of the sqlite-blob-null fix to
> versions branches for 0.44 and 0.46, and that had me wonder how far
> back we want to maintain monotone.  I'm not saying Timothy did a bad
> thing here, but it does raise the question, doesn't it?

At present, Debian stable is still on 0.40.  This will change in a few
months, but Debian will still be maintaining it as oldstable for at
least a year after that.

I don't know how many of our users are still using Debian stable for
servers.  I am, but I'm also compiling my own more up-to-date mtn.

-- hendrik