Release rules Was: Re: [Monotone-devel] conflicts store vs show_conflict

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Release rules Was: Re: [Monotone-devel] conflicts store vs show_conflicts
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 23:18:48 +0100

Am 21.11.10 19:14, schrieb Stephen Leake:
>> remember we communicated that 1.0 will be 0.99 + bug fixes, i.e. no
>> new features or breakage. If this is not possible, please do it in a
>> separate branch and we'll merge that for 1.1.
>
> I think 'mtn au conflicts store' is more of a polishing than a new
> feature? But I don't mind holding it for 1.1.

We'll have regular minor releases just like before after 1.0 - we only
want to assert to support 1.0 with patch releases a little longer than
the usual minor releases. I remember we talked about some rules on the
list, but never actually jotted them down. I did that now on the RoadMap
page [0] - feel free to post corrections and / or updates there.

Thomas.

[0] http://wiki.monotone.ca/RoadMap/