[Monotone-devel] Re: Release rules Was: Re: conflicts store vs show_conf

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Release rules Was: Re: conflicts store vs show_conflicts
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 22:14:12 +0100

Richard Levitte wrote:
> How does the algorithm compare when one of the version has a segment
> empty and the other doesn't in corresponding positions?

FreeBSD has got an official system tool to check the ordering of two
package revisions, which supports most of the FreeBSD Ports without need
for exceptions AFAIK (in fact, I never seen an exception myself):

usage:
pkg_version -t version1 version2

source and (readable shell-script) testcases:
http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base/head/usr.sbin/pkg_install/version/

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

“The Magic Words are Squeamish Ossifrage” (Ron Rivest, RSA-129
challenge, 1977)