Re: [Monotone-devel] Recruiting and Planning

From: Hendrik Boom
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Recruiting and Planning
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 10:23:45 -0500

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 01:53:24AM +0100, Thomas Keller wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I have a bit the impression that bigger parts of our community are in
> suspend mode (beside a few usual suspects) and because I don't want to
> see you all go hibernating soon, here is a deal:
>
> 1) we need more people, especially somebody for design (site, ci,
> documents, etc.) and documentation (a technical writer with proper tool
> knowledge would be awesome) - so if you don't have the time / mood to do
> something yourself for monotone, you might at least know somebody for
> these tasks and you could do us a favour by asking them if they have
> some spare time and are interesting in joining our little team. bribe
> them with cookies, beer, cups or t-shirts as needed, or simply with the
> good thing they'll do with it.
>
> 2) the wiki is in a horrid state and the manual could need some cleanups
> as well (e.g. moving stuff like the long discussions at the end and
> other smaller things). as the response on my "Road to 1.0" mail was
> rather low and we all don't like to do these things on our own I am for
> holding another mini sprint, i.e. one full or two half days, depending
> on the feedback, this time called "docathon" because of the emphasis on
> documentation. we should roughly team up beforehand though so that we do
> not end with an inconistent result at the end.

I'd like to help with the documentation.  If it's a matter of
reorganising what's already there, cleaning up awkward phrasing,
making things less obscure than the are already (provided I know
what needs to be said) I can certianly help.

If it's a metter of providing information that's not there at
the moment, I can't say I can help; most of my knowledge of
monotone comes from the documentation, and what's not there is
not there.

But I can draft best guesses that might be of use to beginners,
subject to complaints by those who really know the stuff.

I am not available in November, though.  I'll probably have to
register in some way with the wiki or the central monotone
repository, though.  Where and how do I do that?  I gather the
details have changed recently.

-- hendrik