Re: [Monotone-devel] Not so minor problem in 0.99.1

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Not so minor problem in 0.99.1
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 20:48:13 -0800

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Richard Levitte <address@hidden> wrote:
> In message <address@hidden> on Mon, 3 Jan 2011 10:28:56 -0800, Zack Weinberg
> <address@hidden> said:
>
> zackw> Is libssl-dev installed?  Does the botan-dev package (whatever it's
> zackw> actually named) depend on libssl-dev, as it seems it needs to?
>
> Why should libbotan1.7-dev need to depend on libssl-dev?

It's botan-config that adds -lcrypto to the link line, so it's
libbotan1.7-dev's responsibility to ensure that the bare
"libcrypto.so" symlink exists, which would be accomplished by
depending on libssl-dev.

(I'm a little surprised this is the case, I thought botan had its own
crypto primitives and that the weird libssl license precluded its
using ssl's)

zw